1 April 2016 - Expected server downtime up to 48 hours

Any latest news will be posted here...
lottoarchitect
Site Admin

1 April 2016 - Expected server downtime up to 48 hours

Post by lottoarchitect » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:22 pm

There will be an expected downtime at the server side within the next few days. The exact downtime is not specified; it may be even tonight or tomorrow. The downtime is due to services upgrade as we move to a more advanced system to support better security connections and increased bandwidth, which is needed for a new service we plan to introduce.
This will cause all programs (GAT/WG), depending on the location of the user, to operate only in demo mode for up to 48 hours. It usually takes much less than a day but in some rare situations may reach the 48 hours span.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this, however the upgrade is necessary to provide even more functionality and security to the overall system.

And, given it is fool's day, no this IS NOT a joke :)

lottoarchitect

Athos
Regular
Regular

Re: 1 April 2016 - Expected server downtime up to 48 hours

Post by Athos » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:14 pm

As my GATs show No 1, No 2, etc, instead of real numbers, I suppose the downtime already started !

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:49 am

The upgrade took place yesterday as far as I can tell. Areas outside Europe may take up to 48 hours for their DNS records to get updated properly, so this connection error message will come up for both programs (WG/GAT). If users still get that error connection message after Wednesday, please post it here.

naveeng

Post by naveeng » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:55 am

While running analysis, I get No 1, No 2 instead of real numbers. Is this due to server downtime?

Also when running analysis, do I need to be connected to the network (i.e. Internet)

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:48 pm

It is due to server IP change which has to propagate itself over the whole internet. Some areas can access right away the server, some others may take up to 48 hours. Also some part of the functionality may be operational, some other may not but everything should be working ok after 48 hours. In your case, the part responsible for the validation of the program is not reachable at the moment, thus the program opens in demo mode. This should automatically start working after 48 hours tops. The end user has nothing to do to address this, just let the time pass till the IP has been propagated over the internet (the DNS records).
When running an analysis no need for internet connection to be active. This is only for the startup of the program.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:07 pm

Well, the programs should be working now at least for many users. That was a different type of issue not directly related to the IP change, however the IP change will also affect this, so some users may be able to connect right now, some others will not.