GAT software with computer generated Lotteries

G.A.T. Engine general discussion
LuckyBoy
Getting used to it
Getting used to it

GAT software with computer generated Lotteries

Post by LuckyBoy » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:30 pm

Hello Anastasios, I am intrigued by your GAT software and believe that it has predictive value. I have been using a neural network predictor with some success. Since lotteries are random to a large degree: how do you feel your GAT program would fare against computer generated lotteries that don't use lotto machines to produce their numbers? Even computer generated lotteries don't appear to be 100 percent random.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: GAT software with computer generated Lotteries

Post by lottoarchitect » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:21 pm

Hi LuckyBoy, this has been discussed in the past too here
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=760

It depends on the quality of the RNG used but overall the hit-wise performance is expected to be lower, maybe quite close to natural probability, because computerized draws lack quite many characteristics; most important being the initial conditions of each experiment and the physical factors involved in a traditional draw performed in a barrel. RNG draws do not have initial conditions the same neither any sort of equation involved in the RNG can have any resemblance to the properties of mechanical draws in the way the numbers are produced. For that specific reason, it is completely invalid to compare mechanical draws to RNG for any conclusions about such lottery games.

LuckyBoy
Getting used to it
Getting used to it

Post by LuckyBoy » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:13 pm

Thanks for the reference links Anastasioas for the previous post pertaining to the computer generated numbers; I did purchase your GAT software and I'm beginning to test it with results from a mechanical lotto machine for my state. I first left out the bonus #s but later included them in another test. I'm using 5/60 type lotto results with one bonus #. The GAT accepted the numbers with the format that I used (basic numbers example: (21-22-23-44-55 04) but the program isn't displaying a separate category for the bonus numbers (1-4); it's mixing the bonus numbers with the main numbers in the panorama mode. Is this normal or do I need to format the bonus numbers differently?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:36 pm

From GAT's point of view, the bonus ball should be defined as the 2nd field of the lottery game. That way you can separate your calcuations to include or exclude bonus balls. In terms of picking numbers however, a drawn bonus ball is no different than any other drawn number besides calling it a bonus ball and treating it like that for the win divisions applicable. So if your game is 5/60 + 1 bonus, then field 1 must be defined as 5/60 and the 2nd field as 1 bonus. Then you get the option to exlude the bonus from the computations if you want.The distinction is the engine without the bonus will compute the draw as a 5/60 one, with the inclusion of the bonus in the computations as a 5+1/60 field. If you mean something else, let me know.

LuckyBoy
Getting used to it
Getting used to it

Post by LuckyBoy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:29 am

Thanks, the program recognizes the bonus number and is highlighted in the Active Field: Main Numbers + 1 BB. I just separated the bonus number from the main numbers in my result file (i.e., 1x-2x-3x-4x-5x Bx); Bx being 1 of the 4 bonus balls. I didn't format it this way: 1x-2x-3x-4x-5x-Bx but I guess the software would have deal with the bonus # in the same manner, since I specified 5-main numbers and 1-bonus number when I initially added the new lottery.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:58 am

For import of draws, the bonus (2nd field) always must come after the 1st field numbers so the program can know which is the bonus ball. If you didn't format it like #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #BB then as 2nd field it got any number that fall as the last number in each number which you say it is not necessarily a bonus ball. So your data are scambled really. If you always use the option "active field: main numbers + bonus" it doesn't matter since all numbers are treated the same but if you ever use only the main numbers (exclude the bonus) the data used will be messed up.