Error when starting GAT Engine when adding new lottery

G.A.T. Engine general discussion
V Dogg
Casual
Casual

Error when starting GAT Engine when adding new lottery

Post by V Dogg » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:43 pm

Hello. I have added a new lottery game to the GAT Engine (GA Fantasy 5 to be exact, a 5/42 game). Importing it and the last 100 draws went okay, had to do a bit of ninja to correct some things. However, when I try to set the statistical data to anything other than 0, I get this message when hitting accept (as shown in the screenshot):

https://imgur.com/z5BuNM5

So I the statistical data to 0 and it goes through fine, but when I try to run the GAT Engine itself, I get this message (as shown in the screenshot):

https://imgur.com/IDKuTdL

Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong and what I need to do to fix this? I have 100 draws in there and I want it to analyze the 100 draws.

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Re: Error when starting GAT Engine when adding new lottery

Post by lottoarchitect » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:48 pm

Hi V Dogg, as for bypassing the error itslef, try to set values in both Tested Draws and stat.data that produce a sum less than the total draws as the equation shows in the error message. So, given you have 100 availabe history draws, you can e.g. use tested draws = 50 and stat.data =24 to satisfy the equation 100 > 50 + 2 * 24 or any other combination for tested draws & stat. data that produces [tested draws] + 2 * [stat.data] < [total history draws]. If Run Factor is used, this must also taken into account as mentioned in the equation.

The error message suggests there are not enough history draws to be used with the given parameters. The automatic evaluation operation (stat.data = 0) cannot bypass this problem as you already start with tested draws = 100 so the equation is impossible to be satisfied no matter what stat. data is picked by the system.

V Dogg
Casual
Casual

Post by V Dogg » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:44 pm

Thanks, looks like what you suggested fixed the problem, though it looks like only 50 draws will be tested. I was trying to get all 100 tested, is there an equation to do that?

lottoarchitect
Site Admin

Post by lottoarchitect » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:05 am

The equation is what is shown at the error message: [Tested draws] + 2 * [Stat.Data] + [Run Factor] < [Total available history draws].

In the above equation you have in the history 100 draws, so [Total available history draws] = 100.
You also want to have GAT test against 100 draws thus [Tested draws] = 100.
We have [Run Factor] = 0

The above equation now becomes 100 + 2 * [Stat.Data] + 0 < 100 -> 2 * [Stat.Data] < 100 - 100 = 0

or [Stat.Data] < 0 which is IMPOSSIBLE.

You can e.g. make [Tested draws] = 80 and [Stat.Data] = 9, this will still work as it satisfies the equation.

All you can do is to find proper values for [Tested draws], [Stat.Data] and [Run Factor] that satisfy the above equation. You cannot test 100 draws when all your history contains only 100, you need more draws for the engine because of the additional stat.data/RF requirements. The help file at the initial pages describes what tested draws/stat.data represents.

V Dogg
Casual
Casual

Post by V Dogg » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:30 pm

Okay, I gotcha now. I appreciate it!